Monday, December 3, 2012

Nutella special

My "To Do List" just keeps getting longer and my time here is getting shorter. It is a little frightening to think that in 3 days, I'll be heading to one of the most controversial countries in the world, but it is a little exciting at the same time. No, who am I kidding, it is a lot exciting. With the ceasefire between Gaza and Israel, things are looking better for our trip. Hopefully the main roads will be open (the US Embassy had closed them to US travelers) so we can go everywhere Dil has planned for us to go.

I finished my hardest (and one of the most important) test yesterday. I still have two more, but I don't think they'll be as bad as the others. That is very, very exciting to me. 

I was in Jerash over the weekend and I saw this sign

There is a restaurant here called "Fruit Salad". Its name is pretty self explanatory. Anyway, pretty much everyone in my program has been there and has raved about the "Nutella Special". Well, prior to last night, I had never gone. So, I went with my friends Josh, Paul, and Lindsay. In the taxi ride, Paul said "This may be the last time you ever eat Fruit Salad". Then Josh said, "Chelsea's never been, so this will be her first and last time".  Josh egged me into getting the "Nutella Special". Special, just refers to the size, so it is huge. This is the "Nutella Special"


It is chocolate ice cream with thick Arabic cream (it's like cream but heavier and has a granular consistency), bananas, kiwis, strawberries, mangoes, watermelon, persimmons, grapes, pomegranates, almonds, cashews, honey, twix bars, and nutella, all in a huge bowl. It was a giant bowl of yummy deliciousness 


I ate almost the entire thing on my own. There was some of the cream with nutella mixed in it and a slice of mango left.

Well, that's all I've got for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment